Job Title: 2 Social Workers
Organization: USAID funded Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services – North, Lango Project (RHITES-N, Lango)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Nursing Officer
USAID Rhites Uganda Jobs: The USAID funded Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services – North, Lango Project (RHITES-N, Lango) is operating in the nine districts of the Lango sub-region of northern Uganda (Alebtong, Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Kwania, Lira, Otuke and Oyam). RHITES-N, Lango will increase the effective use of sustainable health services in the region.
The Project is led by John Snow, Inc. in partnership with African Medical and Research Foundation (Amref), Doctors with Africa (CUAMM), The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) and Another Option. The project will contribute to measurable improvements in key Ugandan national health indicators (HIV; tuberculosis [TB]; malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health [MNCH]; family planning [FP]; water, sanitation, and hygiene [WASH]; and nutrition). USAID RHITES-N, Lango will facilitate the recruitment of qualified Ugandans on behalf of Lira RRH. The hospital is a 400 bed hospital situated in Lira Municipality in Lira town with a catchment population of about 2.3 million people. It is a referral facility offering both specialized and general services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support a linkage and referral system of clients from community to the hospital facility
- Strengthen client appointment and tracking systems at the hospital: including contact tracing for TB and HIV.
- With guidance from Linkages and Referrals officer, support community-based structures to deliver Health, WASH and Nutrition education messages to the target beneficiaries.
- Work with hospital staff to document and update all community component related registers.
- Support the Linkages and Referrals officer to provide data on community interventions to ensure timely feeding into District Health Information System (DHIS2).
- Work with the Linkages and Referrals officer coordinate activities
- for demand creation for all supported health facilities, through conducting feedback meetings, community dialogues and FSG meetings.
- Ensure proper documentation of work done, achievements registered, lessons learnt, throughout the program implementation and scale up best practices.
- Support and participate in extraction and generation of lists of clients (including but not limited to missed appointments, lost and lost to follow up clients, clients due for viral load tests and non-suppressed clients): share the list with responsible persons and structures for tracing and return back to care.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Development, Community Health, Development Studies or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Excellent communication skills and strong inter-personal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Must be a native in one of the districts in Lango sub region.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications and CV addressed to the Human Resource Office, Lira Regional Referral Hospital P.O Box 2, Lira, Uganda or hand deliver to the hospital. The current job holders are encouraged to apply. Applicants whose qualifications have not changed in the advert do not need to re-apply. The above positions are contract jobs and will be remunerated according to the Government of Uganda pay scales.
Deadline: 5th April 2019