Job Title: Product Innovations Intern
Organization: One Acre Fund
Preferred Start Date: June 3, 2019
Location: Jinja, Uganda
Duration: 3-6 months
One Acre Fund Uganda Jobs: Product Innovations are vital levers to drive impact among farmers and drive One Acre Fund’s mission to make farmers more prosperous. New and/or improved products ensure a better quality of life for and as such strongly contribute to the Uganda program’s overall performance. The Product Innovations Trial Manger’s mandate is to own and drive the processes of Product Innovations for Uganda with the aim of increasing impact for our clients. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
The Product Innovations Intern will be based in Jinja, Uganda. S/he will be responsible for the following:
- Phase 2 Tree Trial Coordination & Evaluation
- Phase 1 Banana Trial Research Station Supervision & Data Collection
Our Ideal Candidate Will Also Include
- Professional experience:
- Maintaining a long-term perspective when faced with urgent operational demands.
- Working at a young organization that is growing rapidly, which means pitching in to ensure the very best support and services to both our clients and team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience.
We are seeking an exceptional, early career professional with 0-1 years of experience in agricultural or Plant Sciences.
- Citizenship in UGANDA – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card.
- Exceptional recent college graduates or young professional with a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural science or any related field. Individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree as of June 2019 are eligible for One Acre Fund internships/fellowships
- Agricultural, Plant Sciences, Engineering or Quantitative Economics background preferable.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Strong passion for development work.
- Well-organized and can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Language: English is required
How to apply:
Interested graduates should apply online via the link below:
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2019
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. The fellowship/internship program is a recruiting initiative.
Ugandan Nationals only.
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurricular, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.