Job Title: Finance Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Kampala, Uganda
IRC Uganda Jobs: Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Volunteer is responsible for assisting the Finance team in the day-to-day accounting operations in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Finance in day-to-day bookkeeping and data processing.
- Updating the cash books
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Assist in sorting, labelling and organizing of Finance files.
- Stamp all the finance payment vouchers.
- Assist in clearing payments in the online BvA system.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Assist in the verification of expenditures submitted by the Program staff for adjustment against their advances.
- Learn about the importance of policies and procedures in an organization, including confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as requested by any finance staff.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or any other related course.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- The knack for detail.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong computer skills especially in MS excel and word.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the below.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis