Job Title: Graphics Designer Intern – World Vision Uganda Jobs
Report to: Communications and PR Manager
Organization: World Vision Uganda
Location: National Office
About World Vision Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
World Vision Uganda Jobs: The successful intern will provide technical support to the communications department in designing World Vision publications and contribute to the development and improvement of the design, branding and layout of materials produced by World Vision. S/he will ensure that communications products and reports are following World Vision branding guidelines, provide the best possible functionality and usability to World Vision partners and contribute to the overall branding process.
The communications department supports different departments and projects across the organization by designing high quality visual content including branding for events, information communication and education (IEC) material, flyers, magazines, newsletters and annual reports among others. All these are done in consistency with World Vision branding guidelines.
- Coordinate with different programme managers to strengthen World Vision brand identity in areas including disaster management especially with refugee response and programmess/projects by developing communication products that include digital media, reports, publications, flyers, posters, etc.
- Design and lay-out of reports and other brand IEC products.
- Create concepts and ideas to visually communicate our brand and goals.
- Partner with in-house communications team to design concepts for campaigns, events and other special projects
- Engage in internal communications activities for broad exposure to the organization
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- University degree in Mass Communications, Journalism
- Recent graduate 2016 – 2018
- Aged 20 -30 yrs
- Experience in graphic design and use of graphic design software a must. You need to know how to use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop at an advanced level.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Innovativeness and willingness to learn
Note: Candidates will be required to submit catalogue or samples of the design art work where available.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply only.
Deadline: 7th May 2019