Job Title: 6 Auditor – Trainees – OAG Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Auditor
Ref: ADM. 56/136/01 Vol.5 [05/19]
OAG Uganda Jobs: The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and all Public offices or bodies and/or organization established by an Act of Parliament.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with reviewing and evaluating financial and technical management; and internal control systems of public sector entities.
- Undertaking technical audits in civil works and other specialized areas.
- Designing appropriate audit programs for various public sector audits.
- Documenting audits and preparing draft management letters and draft audit reports.
- Preparing audit plans, working paper files and management letters
- Executing audit plans and programs
- Attending entry and exit meetings
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Auditor – Trainee; Accounting should be a Ugandan who possesses an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in EITHER Business Administration (Accounting option), Commerce (Accounting option), and any other Bachelor ‘s Degree majoring in Accounting/Auditing OR Professional Qualifications like ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA or CPA.
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications must be accompanied by:
- Detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly supports the competencies required above Certified copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
- Names of three (3) referees and their contacts A recent passport size photograph All applications should be submitted on an application form, which can be obtained from OAG registry, Audit House or OAG Website
Applications through Post Office should be by registered mail. All serving officers should channel their applications through their Heads of Departments Late submission shall not be considered.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Auditor General,
Audit House, Plot 2C, Apollo Kaggwa Road,
- O. Box 7083, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May 2019