Job Title: 50 Lead Generators – Barclays Bank Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader/ Sales Manager/ Branch Manager
Barclays Bank Uganda Jobs: The Barclays Lead Generators will be assigned to achieve agreed sales targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling of the Bank’s Consumer lending/ Retail asset and credit card products.
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Accountability: Sales to Retail customers with operational rigour and compliance with KYC requirements: (90%)
Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of Bank’s consumer lending products.
Provide direct “hands-on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
Participate in sales campaigns to meet specific targets.
Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
Submit completed application forms of different products in line with Bank policies and requirements and submit to Team Leader for review
Check correctness of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents
Comply with general Operational risk & Rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations
Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for the accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
Provide excellent customer service in line with Barclays values
Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans
Open scheme loan accounts referred by the Scheme Loans Relationship Managers
Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generator in the team.
Agree annual performance objectives with the Team Leader, including specific sales targets.
Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programmes and training preferred
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Barclays Lead Generator Jobs should preferably hold a First degree or diploma or relevant experience in a front-line banking sales/marketing/service environment.
- Previous experience of competitor products sales in banking is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of the bank’s products and services advantage
- Basic understanding of how the Bank operates an advantage
- Working knowledge of local banking policies and laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good networking skills
- Good selling/influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good listening skills
- The Lead Generator needs to match customer needs to product and service offerings provided by the Bank, recognize sales opportunities and carry-out-pro-active selling. They should have the ability to close a sale.
- Problem-solving around queries and complaints is largely prescribed.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of overall Retail goals & objectives, including the outlet’s objectives growth of sales, cost control and income contribution.
- A thorough understanding of the sales process
- Working knowledge of the procedure manuals
- Broad working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation e.g KYC , Anti-Money laundering, banking code, service standards, health & safety standards etc.
- Broad working knowledge of the bank’s internal departments, systems & procedures as well as risk & rigour requirements.
- Some knowledge of competitor products and services offered to the high net-worth customer is preferred
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of the academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
Deadline: Open until filled.