Job Title: Exams Officer – British Council Uganda Jobs
Organisation: British Council Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. British Council Uganda is based in Kampala and offers a full range of programmes including examinations, project management on behalf of other donors, and its own grant funded projects. British Council has operated in Uganda since 1952 and its aim is to build cultural and educational relations between Uganda and the UK.
British Council Uganda Jobs: The Exams Officer is responsible for the delivery of our examinations in Kampala. Principal areas of responsibility include operational delivery, compliance with quality/security standards and ensuring that all exams are processed according to the British Council’s quality and compliance guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Exams delivery: Processing exams papers:
- Understands the importance of keeping exams materials secure before, during and after the exam day and of the following systems which protect self and the colleagues from unfair accusations of malpractice.
- Maintain quality and compliance requirements stipulated by UK exam bodies.
- Understands the general principles of secure unpacking, packing counting, logging and shredding of materials.
- Able to use different stock management processes to ensure exams secure materials and equipment can be tracked internally and externally.
- Understand and effectively uphold the audit criterion that ensures most of the above.
Contribution to general effective management of Exams Business: Managing individuals or teams:
- Post will require exams officer be able to set clear goals for individuals (exam venue staff) and monitor performance against goals and job standards using the British Council performance management process; produce a job plan and write comprehensive performance evaluation for individuals.
- Ensure that work is allocated amongst team members fairly and efficiently. Is able to motivate individuals/ the team, particularly those whose roles include routine tasks by setting them small projects as part of their performance deliverables or arranging for job rotations.
- Able to identify poor performance issues and address with support and guidance from manager.
- Recruiting and selecting venue staff including examiners, markers, invigilators etc. Ensuring a sufficient number of effectively trained staff is available for each test day administration. Understands basic recruitment and selection procedures and able to apply them to venue staff recruitment process with manager guidance.
- Understand and be able to implement the particular training and monitoring needs of venue staff as and when required.
Contribute to effective, compliant financial processes and accurate financial information
- Ability to prepare reconciliations for specific processes for checking by the Exams Manager.
- Understand basic ‘purchase to pay’ and ‘sales process’ including vendor or business partner creation, raise goods receipts, approve PO’s and sales orders on time and understand the wider importance of this. Understand how to process invoices and credit notes.
- Able to plan/forecast/monitor/manage simple budgets.
- Able to support the preparation of cash flow forecast and accruals by providing relevant information for their particular area of responsibility.
- Tasked with preparing and/ or checking examiner/marker/invigilator payment. Understands the principles of good financial practice.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the British Council Exams Officer job placement should possess a Business Management qualification from a recognized university.
- Existing rights to live and work in Uganda.
- Appropriate police check required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Business administration.
- Knowledge and experience in Financial planning and budget monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience in Exams delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in Exams process management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the British Council in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent, proceed with the online application.
Deadline: 22nd May 2019