Harper Performance Uganda Jobs – Paid Sports Science Internship
Job Title: East Africa Sports Science Internship – Harper Performance Uganda Jobs
Organization: Harper Performance CIC
Unit: HP Projects
Work Pattern: Full-time (hours as required to complete role)
Job Type: 12-month internship
Salary: 400,000 UGX stipend per month + meals whilst on duty at Academy
Location: The position will be based primarily at the Football-For-Good (FFG) Academy in Kampala, Uganda; the client of HP CIC Projects.
About the East Africa Sports Science Internship
Harper Performance Uganda Jobs: The intern will be required to travel to the football training ground at Buzinga Islamic School, Bbunga, Kampala, and potentially local and regional travel to matches. The candidate will maintain contact with the HP Projects team, based in the United Kingdom and Australia throughout the internship in person in Kampala and via video and audio call.
We will not be accepting applications from international candidates. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Uganda at the time of application.
The HP East Africa Sports Science Internship is an opportunity for local graduates to gain paid experience in a full-time high-performance sports environment whilst being mentored and supported by some of the leading elite sports science, nutrition, athletic development and sports medicine practitioners in the world, including; Dr Kellie Pritchard-Peschek, Dr Kate Spilsbury, Eleanor Rees and Dr David Macutkiewicz.
We are seeking an intern who believes in the Harper Performance CIC vision and mission, and has the desire to impact on the lives and opportunities of Ugandan youth footballers now, and for future generations of athletes. This position with Harper Performance CIC, in partnership with the Football-For-Good Academy, will give highly motivated and appropriately qualified individuals valuable experience supporting elite-level athletes and coaches in the fields of applied sport science. The experience gained is specific, practical and extremely valuable for individuals who aspire to a career in elite sport.
About Harper Performance CIC
Harper Performance was founded in 2015 by the performance-support practitioner; Tim Harper following over a decade working in elite sport in the UK and overseas. Tim had grown frustrated with the lack of performance-support available to vast swathes of talented athletes and the calm acceptance that athletes from large, rich countries enjoy benefits not available to those from poorer, smaller countries and regions. Tim rewrote his mission statement to make better use of his skills, of his experience and of his professional training and set about working with people and organisations that harboured all the talent and all the GRIT, but none of the performance support that they need to realise their true athletic and sporting potential.
The intern will contribute to the vision and mission of Harper Performance CIC and the Football-For-Good Academy by:
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering elite-level performance support services to football athletes and coaches.
- Ensuring that the services delivered to the FFG by HP CIC are locally-owned and driven, sustainable, and relevant to the environment.
- Acting as a representative of HP CIC by promoting and embodying the key values and guiding principles of HP Projects in all project-related work.
- This role involves working with young people and applicants are subject to background checks.
Applicants will be expected to have an undergraduate or masters degree in a related discipline (sports science, exercise science etc.) or comparable practical experience.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV (resume) and academic transcript (if applicable) to: email@example.com
In your cover letter, please include specific examples relating to the following key areas:
- Applied sports science knowledge and skills.
- Any relevant experience working in an applied sport science setting including experience working with elite athletes, coaches and other practitioners.
- Any relevant experience in conducting applied sport science research.
- Experience working in football.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Passion and drive to pursue a career in elite sport.
Applicants are HIGHLY advised to download the full role description from https://www.harperperformance.co.uk/vacancies.html and make reference to it in their cover letter!
For more information about this role, please contact HP CIC Head of Performance Support; Dr Kellie Pritchard-Peschek firstname.lastname@example.org or HP CIC Founding Director; Tim Harper at email@example.com
We will provide feedback to all applicants, however, please be patient, we are a small non-profit organisation with a modest team so this will take some time to do.
Shortlisted candidates can expect to hear from us late-June regarding the interview and trial dates.
Closing Date: 19th June 2019
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Finance Assistant – Aga Khan Foundation
- Trainee Strengthening Civil Society – GIZ Uganda
- Accounting Assistant – EBC Uganda Jobs
- Banking Officers – Equity Bank
- Administrative Assistant – Heritage International School
- Comprehensive CV & Cover letter Writing Service – Order Here!
- Stores Assistant – Baylor College of Medicine
- Trainee Waitstaff – Java House Uganda
- Junior Accountant – TotalEnergies
- Best Undergraduate Internship Placement Companies in Uganda 2022
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (513)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,308)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (108)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (52)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (403)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (300)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (13)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (26)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (104)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (46)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (119)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (378)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (142)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (68)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (379)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (72)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (327)
- Finance Jobs (703)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (94)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (422)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (44)
- Hotel Jobs (19)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (226)
- Human Rights Jobs (28)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (499)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (86)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (31)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (566)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (118)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (122)
- Manufacturing Jobs (40)
- Marketing Jobs (146)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (70)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (467)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (254)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,618)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (634)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (41)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (219)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (6)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (93)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (136)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (329)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Security Jobs in Uganda (1)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (270)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (78)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (107)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (153)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (300)
- UN jobs in Uganda (415)
- Uncategorized (324)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (90)