Title: Receptionist (Temporary) – Andela Uganda Jobs
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Andela Uganda Jobs: Accountable to ADU LTD for effective & efficient administrative and front desk support to staff and clients within the ADU. Work as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team to support clients through the delivery of ADU Uganda core Values. Responsible for the Provision of an effective and timely, administrative, clerical & offices support services.
Andela invests in Africa’s most talented software engineers to help companies solve the technical talent shortage and build high-performing distributed engineering teams. Over the past four years, Andela has identified and hired the top .7% of over 75,000 applicants to work as full-time distributed team members from our tech campuses in Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies build better products, faster.
Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, and Spark Capital, Andela is catalyzing an interconnected global tech ecosystem.
- Act in a professional manner at all times when dealing with internal & external clients
- Positively promote the organisation both internally & externally.
- Be prompt and provide courteous service to clients, colleagues and the broader community
- Maintain confidentiality on all issues relating to the Organisation, the clients & fellow colleagues.
- Treat all clients with respect & equality, whilst being responsive to their needs
- Maintain a professional and appropriate telephone manner and be responsive to telephone inquiries
- Responsible for coordinating administrative work of Facilities Department in a professional and orderly manner
- Ensure compliance to all relevant operational policy and procedure under facilities
- Regularly review contacts on staff contact sheet and duty phone to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for the provision of reception duties, coordination of telephone services customer service .
- Perform other tasks as required including; maintain stock of stationary, organization of appointments, general filing, photocopying, laminating and mail in and out etc.
- Manage Guest App- Guesty
- Perform any other duties as requested by management
Technical Skills & Application
- Contribute to the effective management of the office facility by supporting the Facilities and Ops Department.
- Oversee the security of the front office.
- Ability to operate and undertake maintenance of all office equipment/printers.
- Ensure good occupational safety is applied to the general working area; encouraging and supporting the premises officer in raising issues and identifying / reporting all health and safety hazards
Teamwork And Communication
- Be aware of, and practice according to, the ADU’s aims, objectives & core values
- Demonstrate the ability to work positively within a team to achieve team goals and work harmoniously and effectively with other team members to achieve service delivery excellence
- Continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within
Qualifications And Skills
- University degree in Office Administration or its equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills are vital, along with a positive and friendly attitude
How to apply
Interested? Follow the link below to apply online.
Deadline: 25th May 2019.