Job Summary: 3 Community Service Assistants – OPM Uganda Jobs 2019
Age: 23 -45 Years
Duration: 6 Months renewable
Reports To: Settlement Commandant
Duty Station: Adjumani
About the Project:
OPM Uganda Jobs 2019: Applications are invited from qualified Ugandan Nationals to fill the under listed vacant positions available at Arua Refugee Desk, Adjumani Refugee Desk, Hoima Refugee Desk, Mbarara Refugee Desk and Kampala Refugees Department Head Office.
Roles and responsibilities
- In charge of community services in the settlement handling child protection, counselling, vulnerable and providing/linking assistance to persons with specific needs
- Liaises with partners regarding community services issues that affect the refugees.
- Liaise with partners and Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to ensure prevention, response and mitigation of gender-based violence
- Ensure that the welfare of refugees and asylum seekers is provided through partnership programmes such as livelihoods.
- Handle other any other duties assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience
Applicants should be a holder of an honours degree in Bachelor of Social Sciences or Development Studies or Social Work and Social Administration or Tourism or BA Education or Bachelor of Community Psychology from a recognised University. A Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights is an added advantage.
How to apply
Handwritten application letters should be addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary Office of the Prime Minister,
P.O. Box 341, KAMPALA.
All application letters should include personal contact addresses e.g. phone contacts, e-mail addresses, and a recent passport photograph of the applicant and indicate three referees. The applicant should be a person of high moral character and integrity, willing to work in remote rural settlements.
All applicants must quote the Reference Number of the post advertised, indicate the reference number on the top left-hand side corner of the application letter’s envelop, seal it and submit their application letters to;
The Human Resource Office,
Open Registry 3 Floor,
Office of the Prime Minister.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 31st May 2019 at 5.00 pm.
NOTE: In any correspondence on this subject, please quote No: ADM/24/01