Job Title: Human Resource Intern – War child Uganda Jobs
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior HR Officer
About War Child Holland:
War Child Holland (WCH) is an International non-profit organization that has been working in Uganda since 2004, mainly in the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) affected areas. As the situation in Uganda has stabilized, WCH has closed its programs related to the LRA conflict and started a refugee response program in early 2016 in the West Nile region, offering psychosocial support to children, young people and families in the refugee and host communities. In addition to psychosocial support, the country office is in the process of establishing education projects with partners.
War child Uganda Jobs: The Human Resource Intern will support in performing all HR processes for the organisation including;
- Assist in the recruitment & hiring process;
- Support in the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Coordinate employee onboarding and induction process.
- Assist in filing of HR documents according to WCH procedures.
- And handle any other HR related activities as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruitment and selection processes in accordance with WCH policies.
- Assist in organisation staff orientation and induction as per WCH procedures.
- Maintain proper and accurate employee records in hard and soft copy files.
- Assist in collecting information for compiling HR documents including; Internal regulations among others.
- Assist in the processing of visa and work permits for international staff.
- Responsible for following up on staff leave and tracking in collaboration with PSOs
- Coordinate the payroll process with finance
- Responsible for following up on HR matters and to ensure compliance with all legislative laws.
- Assist in structuring the design of organogram in close consultation with the Country Director.
- Coordination & networking
- Represent WCH in all relevant HR meetings and various forums while upholding organizations values, ethics and principles hen requested.
- Assist in general HR coordination and administration of staff activities across organization framework.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The War Child Holland (WCH) Human Resource Intern job should hold a Degree in Human Resource Management or any related field.
- Knowledge of Uganda labor law and other relevant laws.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines in a complex and challenging environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with partners, and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment.
- Strong English writing ability and good communications.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and empathy.
- The ability and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in a difficult and sometimes insecure working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diverse teams from all backgrounds and level.
- MUST have recently completed a University degree and not more than 30 years of ago.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply by uploading an English CV consisting of maximum two pages, and answer our questionnaire (please note that a cover letter is not requested) through the following hyperlink:
Deadline: 2nd June 2019