Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation – 150 Alevel Part Time Peer Mentors
Job Title: 150 Part Time Peer Mentors – Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation
Organization: Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF)
Duty Station: Nakawa, Kawempe, Munyoyo, Rubaga Divisions
KCCA with the support from UNICEF is implementing together with Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation, a social protection programme for adolescent girls in the city through the adolescent girls’ cash plus mentoring and empowerment programme to improve their social and economic inclusion, and protection.
To attain the programme results, TMF is looking for 150 peer mentors to provide mentorship support to 750 adolescent girls in the 5 divisions of Kampala. The peer mentors will be paired up with adolescent girls with whom they will regularly meet for empowerment, capacity building, mentorship and referrals.
Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF) is a fully registered Non-Governmental Organization that was started as an initiative in 2013 by former child mothers who turned their negative experience into positive action. The Organization’s mandate is to promote gender equality and empower adolescent girls and young women through holistic programs that address their critical needs while putting greater emphasis on ending teenage pregnancy, child marriages and supporting girls to stay in school and complete school.
We are looking for; young women role models/mentors.
• Between the ages of 18 to 30 and living in or from within the selected divisions Completed A level certificate and University graduates
• Highly developed interpersonal skills in order to meet the demanding needs of pupils and their families.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and acts as a positive role model.
• Good listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with adolescent girls, and other key program stakeholders
• Enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking and inspirational
• Knowledge sharing and team leadership skills
• Report writing and excellent communication skills
• Computer and technology skills – use of smartphones, gadgets for research
Job application procedure
If interested, submit your CVs and one-page motivational letter stating why you want to become a peer mentor to: firstname.lastname@example.org , addressed to the Executive Director, Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF), Plot 22 Kenneth Dale Lane, Off Kiira road, Kamwokya Kampala,
Deadline: 14 June 2019