UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2019 – Assistant Field Officer
Job Title: Assistant Field Officer – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2019
UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2019: The Assistant Field Officer is normally supervised by the Snr Field Coordinator or Field Officer or Head of Sub-Office/Field Office depending on the structure of the Office. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/regional programme(s). UNHCR Manual, programme and protection objectives, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the incumbent.
The incumbent does not normally have any direct supervisory role. S/he has daily contacts with staff in the various field offices and with the functional units at the Country/Regional Office. S/he also has close liaison with a range of local civilian and military authorities and counterparts in NGOs and UN agencies to discuss matters of common interest.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on the rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for the preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Submit a recommendation for protection interventions to the designated officer.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Analytical Thinking
- Political Awareness
- Stakeholder Management
- Undergraduate degree (the equivalent of a BA/BS) in Law, Political Sciences or related fields plus minimum 1 year of previous work experience relevant to the function. Graduate degree (the equivalent of a Master’s) or Doctorate degree (the equivalent of a PhD) may also be accepted.
- Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English
Other desirable skills
- Field experience.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of refugee law.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR’s programmes.
- UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
- UNHCR Operations Management Learning Programme.
- Knowledge of additional UN languages.
How to apply
Please note that only the present signed PHF and Supplementary Sheet(s), if any, will be considered as valid application documents.
No CVs, old P.11 form or other UN agency application forms will be accepted.
Interested applicants should submit their application online via the link below;
Deadline: Thursday 13th June 2019