Position: Child Protection Data Clerk – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2019
Report to: Child Protection Coordinator
Location: Yumbe, Uganda
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Uganda Jobs 2019: The data clerk position will contribute to appropriate support to children at risk through quality data control and management through Information Management System (IMS)
The Data Clerk will:
- Enter data and manage children files (soft and hard copies) of case management documentation
- Provide appropriate administrative and technical support to case workers for data collection and follow up of cases
- Guide weekly priorities related to data and case management of case workers and priority action of leadership in.
To prepare and receive relevant case management forms to be used by the field team
- Supply Case workers with all relevant stocks
- Manage case management stock
- Receive filled forms from the caseworkers for entry
Entry of accurate case management data into the database.
- Enter accurately and in a timely manner in the interagency child protection standard database, all manual forms filled in by the field staff (BID and all other case management forms (documentation, tracing, verification, reunification, follow ups, etc)
- Request for additional information from the field staff when necessary through the Information systems assistant.
- Provide regular follow up and update to caseworkers
Information management, Information management system and monitoring
- Produce a weekly summary of case management progress (number of BIA/BID, registered, followed up, referred, case closed) submitted
- Provide feedback/ raise concerns to the supervisor and the CP caseworker staff, about delayed procedures
- Perform periodic backup for all the data stored in the computer and maintain the security of back up a hard copy
- Assist in monitoring all UASC and other children at risk case management information and give appropriate feedback to the supervisor and the field staff. Do not accept any vulnerable children information,
- Facilitate information matching
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity reports to the Child Protection Officer
- Generate CPIMS or other IMS case management report, outstanding tasks report and To do list report
Ensuring Coordination and working with other departmental heads
- Regularly coordinate with other information management Assistants on the issue related to Information Management system or data management
- Transfer / synchronize data with the main database and other field-based databases to facilitate smooth referral of cases where appropriate and authorized according to SOP and Information management protocols
- In coordination with the Interagency tracing agency, develop an appropriate filling system of open and closed cases.
- Collect required forms from other tracing agencies
- Keep all the hard copy of FTR records in the lockable cabinet
- Ensure database and the computer is password protected, and the computer will not be shared by others
- Follow the contingency plan in place during the time of evacuation to protect a hard & soft copy of case management data especially for children at risk with protection concerns.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The applicants should hold a university diploma in Information Technology, knowledge management and other related areas
- A minimum of 1year experience in data entry and Use of IMS
- Accurate and speedy data entry and strong computer literacy
- Proficient English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Able and willing to work in an environment with limited access to basics
- Advance knowledge of database entry, MS office, Excel, MS Word, Lotus notes and internet
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Strong interpersonal relationship and team building background
- Excellent analytical, documentation, problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Possess the ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive collaboration and relationship
How to apply:
Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae online via the link below;
Address your application to the People & Culture Specialist, Recruitment, World Vision Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications: 16th June 2019.
Qualified natives of West Nile region are particularly encouraged to apply