Job Title: Internship – Graduate Trainees – IFDC Uganda Jobs 2019
Organization: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC )
IFDC Uganda Jobs 2019: REACH-Uganda is improving farmers’ market engagement, strengthening household resilience, and increasing the availability of agriculture support services for 40,000 farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains. With funding from the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the project will employ the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach to develop market systems to function more effectively for poor farmers. IFDC is partnering with Cardno Emerging Markets, a private sector business development and market engagement firm, to implement M4P and connect low-income entrepreneurs to large commercial firms.
About The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC )
Since 1974, IFDC has focused on increasing and sustaining food security and agricultural productivity in over 100 developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. The organization’s collaborative partnerships combine cutting-edge research and development with on-site training and education. IFDC has contributed to the development of institutional capacity building in 150 countries through more than 700 formal training programs, primarily as part of IFDC’s long-term agricultural development projects. Demonstration plots, farmer field schools and in-field training have assisted millions of farmers in developing countries.
- Must be a graduate in Agribusiness, Agriculture ( Including Agricultural Engineering), Food Science and Technology, Cooperative management, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting.
- Should either have a certificate, diploma or bachelors degree in the above-mentioned fields.
- Should have graduated in the last two years.
- Should be willing to reside in the locality of the MSME or FBG
- Should be able to communicate in any one of the languages used in those regions.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications, CVs and relevant supporting documents to the following email address; [email protected] or submit hard copies to our offices in Kampala, Mbale or Kabale.
Deadline: 21st June 2019