Job Title: 56 Project Assistants – BRAC Uganda Jobs 2019
Organization: Brac Uganda
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Nwoya & Gulu
BRAC Uganda Jobs 2019: BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
UPG Project Summary
The UPG (Ultra Poor Graduation) project is to assist the ultra-poor with focus on people with disabilities to improve their livelihoods and bring about positive changes in achieving economic, social and inspirational changes, and assist them to access mainstream development services. Consequently, the UPG project has been implemented as a part of BRAC’s holistic development approach geared toward inclusion and to work towards achieving sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with LC1 & Community Health Promoters (CHPs) to organize village meetings in order to identify proper participants into UPG project.
• Conduct coaching, mentorship & hand on trainings for the selected participants on business skills, life skills & assets management.
• Keep traceable records of selected participants and number of household per village.
• Supervise efficient and effective delivery and use of assets input, cash and other inputs for improving participant’s livelihood.
• Form youth & saving groups & link them to BRAC bank for saving & loan opportunities.
Minimum qualification and Requirement
• Certificate & Diploma in Agriculture, Development Studies, Social sciences or a related study. (Testimonials will not be allowed).
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in mobilization & community work.
• Skills working with persons with disabilities, vulnerable persons & poor communities.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Knowledge of the local language in the mentioned locations is added advantage.
• Should be integral, innovative, inclusive & effective.
• Women & Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their Application & CV by email to email@example.com
The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly.
Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: Sunday 7th July 2019.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer