DRC Uganda Jobs 2019 – Diploma Supply Chain Assistant
Job title: Supply Chain Assistant – Logistics – DRC Uganda Jobs 2019
Reporting to: Project Support Manager
Technical line manager: Supply Chain Officer
DRC Uganda Jobs 2019: The Supply Chain Assistant – Logistics main objective is to provide administrative and/or technical logistics and procurement support, ensuring efficient and effective procurement implementation and smooth running of procurement operations according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook and Quality Standards contained within.
About The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest international non-governmental organisation. We work with humanitarian, development and peacebuilding activities to ensure a dignified life for refugees, the displaced, and displacement-affected people and communities in more than 30 countries.
We focus our assistance on the entire displacement process: from the moment a crisis first emerges and displaces people internally in their home countries or across borders, to these people’s life in camps, to their arrival in a foreign country, and ultimately to the process of rebuilding a normal life, either through voluntary return, local integration or resettlement. DRC helps every step of the way.
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
- Prepare the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Raise payment requests for processing and tack all payments requested in the Payment Tracker sheet of the PRTT to be circulated weekly to Finance and Head of Support Services.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Check that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged.
- Perform the physical asset check
- Overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and effecting the necessary documentation.
- Maintaining good communications with warehouse staff in other DRC locations and partner organizations
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
- Monitor the supply market trends for updated information such as changes in market price, new products, and additional suppliers.
- Ensure any new suppliers are vetted according to DRC policies and updated on the Country supplier database, capturing comments on performance and contracts issued.
- Ensure feedback from Program colleagues with respect to contractor performance is captured on the DRC vendor master database and is uploaded onto the DRC Uganda cloud based SharePoint archive system.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department
- Assist with Fleet Management tasks as needed
- Updating daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required.
- Compile regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis”
Experience And Technical Competencies
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
- Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration or Supply Chain/Logistics Management.
- CIPS certification is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English is required
- Fluency in English and other local languages in the area of implementations is an advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online application form via the link below:
Click Here To Start Your Application
Deadline: Applications close on 10th July 2019.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.