Job Title: Finance & Administration Intern – Terre des Hommes Netherlands
Organization: Terre des Hommes Netherlands
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) prevents child exploitation in developing countries, rescues children from exploitative situations and ensures that these children can continue their development in a safe environment. Terre des Hommes Netherlands is a rights-based organisation. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) is the cornerstone of all our programmes.
The objective of the Finance and Administration internship is to provide a learning environment for aspiring finance and accounting professionals while contributing to the finance, administration and logistics function within the Uganda Country Office. We are looking for a bright hands-on Finance and Administration Intern to be a key member of the Finance team. The candidate in this role will gain a wide range of knowledge and experience during the 5 months (s)he will be with us. The Finance and Administration Intern works with the Uganda Country Team and receives hierarchical leadership from the Finance and Administration Manager to whom (s)he reports. (S)he will, in close collaboration and consultation with the country and regional team, advise and act on the development, implementation and monitoring of the various projects under the child protection programmes in Uganda. This will be done in close collaboration with, and support to, the project partners in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Assist in the maintenance of financial statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Assist in preparation and consolidation of the budget forecasts for the partners.
- Support in reconciling bank accounts.
- Assist in the raising of payment vouchers for both operations and projects expenses.
- Assist in the review of cash requests and imprest declarations and ensuring all documentation is complete and accurate as per TdH-NL guidelines.
- File all supporting documents for administration and projects and ensure the filing system of the organisation is in order.
- Assist in project and country office logistics, i.e travel arrangements.
- Assist in office administration, e.g filing, photocopying, etc.
- Assist in preparing supporting information for project audits.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, accounting or any other relevant degree.
- Relevant professional qualification i.e. ACCA/CPA is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Excel/Google Sheets is essential.
- Previous experience is an advantage but not required.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a motivation letter and curriculum vitae by email to: email@example.com clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position
NB: Please kindly also note that due to the expected large responses only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16th July 2019