Reports to: Head of IT Services
- Providing ICT support to the project office
- Assisting the Head of IT Services in maintaining GIZ IT standards, policies and guidelines within the project office.
The IT Officer Performs The Following Tasks
- Configure and deploy new workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations and laptops
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot printers/copiers as well as manage toner requests
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and training on and off site.
- Implement, maintain and configure all standard GIZ software (e.g. office 365, Onsite, Winpaccs, SAP, IDA)
- Install authorised software to desktops & laptops
- Ensure that all software on GIZ IT equipment is licensed and the licenses recorded.
- Ensure anti-virus and spyware software is installed and up to date on all computers
- Ensure that users are aware of the IT security guidelines
- Maintain and configure LAN and WLAN network security.
Network related tasks
- Monitor LAN, WLAN and internet to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users
- Ensure that the LAN topology documentation for the project office is up to date.
- Perform regular system back-up and ensure the integrity of back-up
- Escalate ICT issues to the IT Country office where necessary.
- Carries out and ensures general administration of the entire IT system
- Safeguards the system against hackers
- Resolves all computer and internet problems, prepares all the necessary information and provides phone support
- Ensures an IT emergency service
- Assists in advising on IT projects
- Maintains a list of all hardware and software systems, and updates this to reflect changes
- Documents the installation and settings on the server and on all computers.
- Keep server room organised and secure.
Other Duties/additional Tasks
- Supports the Digital Ambassador of GIZ Uganda on technical needs around Digitalization within the RISE Programme
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical, Software or Telecommunication engineering and any relevant IT professional certifications (CCNA, MCP, CompTIA Network+).
- 1 year or initial (internship or similar) experience in this area with a reputable organisation
Other Knowledge, Additional Competencies
- Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent knowledge of English in writing and speaking
- Ideally knowledge of Lugbara and Arua
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How to Apply: