URA Internship Programme 2019 – Sept/Nov Intake
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
URA Internship Programme 2019: Every year, the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Internship Programme brings together undergraduates from all over Ugandan business institutions to learn and grow within its borders. Applications for the URA Internship Programme 2019 (September – November Intake) open on 22nd July 2019 through the link below.
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Eligible Study Programs for URA Internship
For proper selection and alignment to the business of URA, there is a need for the applicant to understand the way Uganda Revenue Authority operates in order to guide on the choice of deployment that will be relevant to the student. This URA Internship guideline, therefore, will ensure that only students whose study programs are applicable to Uganda Revenue Authority business apply.
- Accounting and Finance: Accounting is commonly utilized in the collection and support departments of URA. This is a profession that deals with analyzing, measurement, disclosure, and provision of financial information that helps the tax authority in the assessment of taxes and allocation of resources within the Authority. This may take study programs like Accounting and Finance and any other business program with specialities in accounting and finance.
- Auditing: This is a systematic and independent examination of the books of accounts and other statutory documents to ascertain how far they are a true reflection of the concern. Auditing is actually a branch of accounting.
- Service Management is a domestic taxes function whose mandate is to provide quick solutions and relevant tax information to walk with clients especially about their tax obligations and procedures. This may require all business-related programs as well as people related courses like social work and Social Administration, Psychology, and economics.
- Human Resource: This is concerned with talent management within the Authority. Its mandate is to ensure that the Authority attracts, selects, deploys, develops, engages and motivates a highly talented workforce to enable the Authority to meet her strategic objectives through quality people.
- Administration and Secretarial support: This cuts across the business areas to support the business leaders to smoothly execute their mandate. They are usually the front desk managers of the different offices and stations. Consideration is given to administrative and secretarial science, Information management and administration.
- Statisticians: The mandate of the Authority requires a high utilization of data in all business sectors of the economy for planning and decision making.
- Economists: By the virtue of our mandate to collect revenue collection, it goes without saying that we advise the government on tax policies and any other matters of the same relationship. Taxation thrives on the economy and as such the productive forces that guide economic growth are very relevant the taxation especially in a bid to ensure that everybody pays his part of the tax obligation. Study programs like Economics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, and Development Economics.
- Information and Communications Technology: In a bid to serve the public better, the Authority has leveraged technology to refine our internal processes but at the same time provide quick and faster solutions to our clients
- Tax Investigations: This business area covers a multiplicity of professions but its main mandate is to ensure that all persons that are obliged to pay taxes to pay what is due to them. They support the authority is providing information in relation to fraud with intent to avoid tax obligations. Study programs in Auditing, accounting are relevant to the business area.
- Law: The authority runs an internal law firm with a team of experts in charge of litigation and prosecution but as well as in charge of policies and rulings. This gives an avenue to professional lawyers to do an internship in the business area.
- Engineering: The Authority has an estates section in which a few Engineers both at the Degree and Diploma levels can seek to do their internship. Study programs like electrical, civil and construction engineering may be relevant to the business area.
- Procurement: This business area is intended to ensure that the Authority obtain the goods and services required for all our operations within the relevant laws of the county. Procurement related disciplines are relevant to the business area.
- Public Relations: This business area is intended to enhance the relationship between the Authority and all our stakeholders including the general public. This is the mouthpiece of the Authority. Mass communication and other public relations disciplines.
How to Apply
- You will be required to create an account with Uganda Revenue Authority before embarking on the application journey up to the level of submission.
- Please take some time to fill out the relevant information.
- Once all required sections are completed, a submit link will be shown to you to submit your application.
- A Uganda Revenue Authority Internship confirmation email will be sent to the address you used at registration.
- Please note that you can save your information and continue with your application later on.
All Sections on the left marked with * are MANDATORY.
NOTE: Key areas of consideration
- Personal information including all the bio-data that may be required.
- University/professional programme for which the Internship is required including the major subjects undertaken and the CGP at the time of application.
- The period in which you intend to pursue your URA internship programme.
- Referees should include the academic supervisors from your study department/ institutions.
- Attachment of the introductory letter from the learning institution and the current results/testimonial is a must and both must be in PDF.
- Submission of the filled application. Please ensure that you submit the filled form and an acknowledgement email will be sent to your email as proof of your application but also guide on the way forward.
Deadline: 4th August 2019
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- IT Assistant – Reach Out Mbuya
- Banking Officer – Yako Bank (U) Limited
- Paid Internship – Fracht Uganda Jobs
- 3 Office Attendants – Trust AIC Foundation (TAF)
- Administrative Assistant – MRC/UVRI
- Uganda Embassy in UAE Jobs – Consular Assistant
- SolarNow Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Sales Engineer
- NEMA Jobs 2022 – Project Assistant
- Best Undergraduate Internship Placement Companies in Uganda 2022
- Top 10 tips on writing a successful CV – Fresher Jobs Uganda
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (495)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,281)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (107)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (47)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (394)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (297)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (103)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (45)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (116)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (359)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (137)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (67)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (370)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (71)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Finance Jobs (682)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (92)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (82)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (394)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (63)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (42)
- Hotel Jobs (18)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (222)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (482)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (30)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (533)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (116)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (121)
- Manufacturing Jobs (27)
- Marketing Jobs (144)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (68)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (459)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (250)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,573)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (631)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (40)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (215)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (312)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (4)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (64)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (91)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (125)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (325)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (265)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (73)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (103)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (150)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (299)
- UN jobs in Uganda (411)
- Uncategorized (321)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (89)