Electoral Commission Uganda Jobs 2019 – 1671 Olevel Sub-Country Supervisors
Job Title: Sub-County Supervisors – Electoral Commission Uganda Jobs 2019
No of Positions: 1671
Organisation: Electoral Commission Uganda
Duty Station: One per Sub-County, Uganda (All sub-counties in Uganda)
Reports to: Returning Officer
About Electoral Commission Uganda:
Electoral Commission Uganda Jobs 2019: The EC was set up under Article 60 of the 1995 Constitution of The Republic of Uganda and has a mandate to conduct public elections and referenda. It consists of the Chairman, Deputy Chairperson and five other members appointed by the President with the approval of Parliament and a Secretariat headed by the Secretary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with administering all electoral activities in the sub-county;
- Conducting voter education in the Sub-County;
- Issuing out Voter Location Slips;
- Updating the Voters’ Register;
- Assist in mobilizing people to turn up and participate in electoral activities;
- Responsible for the conduct of nominations, campaigns and polling day activities;
- Making election activity reports to the Returning Officer;
- Responsible for Electoral Commission equipment and materials within the area of jurisdiction;
- Participate in recruiting and training registration, display and polling day officials;
- Ensuring that election materials reach polling stations in time and equipping polling stations;
- Conducting publicity of electoral activities;
- Providing information and statistics on voter registration, voting and elections;
- Any other official duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Electoral Commission Sub-County Supervisor should hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent;
- Should have high moral character and proven integrity;
- Should be resident in the Sub-County for at-least three (3) years;
- Demonstrable experience in handling public affairs is an added advantage;
- Should be a registered voter;
- Considerable knowledge of the electoral process in Uganda;
- Previous experience in election-related work is an added advantage;
- Should have a crime-free record;
- Ability to command respect.
- Considerable knowledge and exposure to the electoral process.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-work skills.
- Capacity to work with senior personalities in different occupations.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Past or current experience in teaching or community mobilization.
- Ability to train.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Terms: Three months Contract (with a possibility of renewal)
How to Apply:
Application forms can be picked from the offices of the respective District Registrars/Returning Officers. They can also be downloaded from the Electoral Commission website, Download Here. Duly filled application forms should be returned to the office of the District Registrar/Returning Officer
A short-list of candidates to appear for interviews will be pinned at the office of the District Registrar/Returning Officer in your district. The date for conducting interviews will be communicated to you through the office of the District Registrar/Returning Officer and through announcements on local radio stations. Successful candidates will be informed through the same office and will be issued appointment letters.
Copies of academic certificates and National Identity Card, a comprehensive CV with 2 referees and day time telephone contact, and two passport size photos should be attached to the application form.
Successful candidates will be paid through e-cash. Therefore, applicants must possess a phone number registered on Mobile Money in their names.
Deadline: 26th July 2019.