Vacancy title: 2 Field Research Assistants – Epicentre Uganda Jobs
Location: Kanungu and Rakai District
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 6 Months’ Contract Renewable
Start date: 01st August 2019.
In 1995, Epicentre created a permanent research center in Uganda to support MSF projects in the region. The primary role of Epicentre in Mbarara is to conduct clinical research following Good Clinical Practice (GCP) requirements on critical public health burdens in Uganda and Africa. To reach this objective, Epicentre collaborates closely with the Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST). A full-time experienced research team is based at the Epicentre Mbarara Research Center.
General responsibilities (not exhaustive)
- Preparing health facilities and participating in the implementation of the qualitative assessment:
- Knowledge Attitude Perception (KAP) assessments in both Observation and intervention phase
- Observations in both Observation and intervention phase
- Individual and Key Informant Interviews in both Observation and intervention phase
- Collect aggregated data and Conduct exhaustiveness checks
- Preparing and coordinating the implementation of the intervention in the different health facilities of the district
- Participation in the training of the health facility staff
- Supervision of the respect of the study procedures and data collection by the health facility staff
- Participation in the district implementation and country coordination team meetings
- Participation in the clinical Mentoring in Intervention Phase
- Oversee the patients and samples referral
- Good interpersonal relationship,
- Ability to work independently,
- Availability to travel frequently to site and report writing skills.
- Basic training in health sciences, (Bachelors/ Diploma in Community Health, Public Health Nurses, Health promotion, Health research, training in nursing, biomedical sciences) or a related discipline.
- Preferable previous experience in qualitative research data collection and conducting surveys /interviews in resource-constrained settings is added advantage.
- Fluent in English and local languages (Luganda and Runyakitara), spoken and written.
- Knowledge of local communities in Rakai and Kanungu district is desirable, able to contribute positively to a discussion, reporting, meeting organisation, etc.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to hand-deliver their application package (CV, application letter and copies of their academic / work certificates) to
Finance and HR Coordinator
Send or hands deliver the application to:
MSF/Epicentre Mbarara Research Base
P. O. Box 1956, Mbarara
Or send your package via email at email@example.com
Deadline: 28th July 2019 at 05:30 pm,