Job Title: Office Assistant – African Prisons Project Jobs
Location: Kampala – Uganda
Organization: African Prisons Project
Starting date: 1st October 2019
Type of contract: Fixed Contract
The African Prisons Project (APP) is a community of people passionately committed to bringing dignity, hope and justice to men, women and children in African prisons ensuring equitable access to justice, health and education. Our 2020 strategy focuses on developing changemakers amongst prison staff and inmates who use the law to bring justice to the most vulnerable in society; to begin assembling world-class law teachers, law makers and practitioners to aid the training and development of our people; and to plan our expansion as we look to establish ourselves as a social enterprise, offering legal education and legal services in Africa and beyond.
APP has a Christian ethos which leads us to serve all regardless of their religion, background, offence, sentence, race, gender or any other factor. We believe every person’s life is fundamentally valuable—our past need not define our future. We are inspired by Jesus’ example of bringing justice and compassion to those rejected by society and seeing great value in those that others’ have written off.
- Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the organisation and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organisation.
- To provide an administrative role for the programme section of the organisation ensuring that logistical support, administrative requirements for this section is available.
- Maintains office operations by receiving and distributing communications, maintaining and procuring supplies and equipment, picking-up and delivering items and documents, serving the team and filing
Responsibilities and Roles.
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
- Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; informing managers of remaining stock; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; doing a physical check of assets and updating the assets registry to share with the HR Admin Manager.
- Maintain office schedule by picking-up and delivering items.
- Serve the team and stakeholders by receiving office gusts; answering the office phone; answering questions; forwarding messages.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhance organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems.
- Provide conducive office assistance as thereby assigned to ease work flows amongst staff members.
Office Experience – General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Administrative, Practical knowledge in riding a motorcycle is an added advantage.
How To Apply,
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please note that we accept CVs but this must be less than 4 pages.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 19th August 2019
Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the 1998 Data Protection APP will hold and use personal information that you have given for the purposes of recruitment and employment should an offer of employment be made. This information will be stored in manual and/or computer form.