Job Title: Accounts Assistant – Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs
Reports to: Finance Officer
Duty Station: Kabarole
Duration: 2 years (24 months)
About Uganda Red Cross Society
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading humanitarian organization in Uganda. Since its inception in 1939 as a small women’s emergency organization, URCS has developed over the years into a formidable well-respected humanitarian agency.
Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs: The Accounts Assistant is responsible for ensuring quality and timely reporting of project funds as well as accountability for the funds disbursed to staff, ensuring compliance with the appropriate principles and procedures.
- Follow up on budget utilization and prepare monthly budget monitoring and utilization reports for review. To report on analyses, variances, causes and propose actions to be taken to address them;
- Verify authenticity of accountability documents and process financial transactions in line with URCS policies, International Accounting Standards, statutory requirements and donor requirements;
- Ensure proper filing of the finance and project documents;
- Follow-up procurements for the projects on time
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations;
- Monitor working advance balances and follow-up to ensure all working advances are accounted for in accordance with URCS guidelines;
- Reconcile staff debtor and creditor balances and other balance sheet codes and ensure that these balances are kept at the lowest possible level;
- Ensure reconciliations of receivable and accounts payables every end of the month;
- Provide on the job training to new staff as directed by the supervisors;
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance), Commerce, Statistics or associated discipline from a reputable institution;
- At least level one Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- At least 1 years’ experience in a related field;
- Experience in NAVISION Systems Accounting Package is an added advantage.
- High level of financial discipline and integrity;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- High level of integrity;
- Good communication skills.
How To Apply:
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Download the application template from here
Closing date for receipt of the applications Monday12th August 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.