Job title: 2 Finance and Grants Assistants – WEI Bantwana Uganda Jobs
Organization: World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B)
Reports to: Finance and Grants Officer
Duty Station: Kampala
World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) is a Non-Government Organization that helps children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/ AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults. We work with more than 90 local organizations, clinics, and local and national governments in Eswatini, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
WEI Bantwana Uganda Jobs: The Finance and Grants Assistants will provide support to the Grants Officers so as to ensure that the Partners are compliant with WEI/Donor regulations and that Donor funds are safeguarded and used for intended purposes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Grants Officers in reviewing partner financial reports and supporting documentation to ensure they are accurate and comply with 1) good accounting practices 2)WEI/USAID rules and regulations.
- Raise voucher review queries with partners and follow up responses.
- Draft liquidation covers and Updating all partner files
- Assisting grants officers to review cost-share documentation from partners
- Assist grants Officers to address field link queries
- Ensuring that partners comply with all set provisions of sub-award agreements and partner policies and procedures.
- Reporting compliance issues and activities on a regular basis to the Supervisor
- Preparing formal and informal responses to investigations, inquiries, and requests with guidance from the Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- A minimum of one-year accounting experience preferably in an auditing environment
- Relevant university study, preferably in accounting or finance;
- Ability to present complex information in a compelling manner;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people and;
- Advanced excel knowledge required.
How to apply:
Interested applicants with the required Qualification, Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities should send their applications and CVs (detailing responsibilities carried out in previous positions) to the Human Resource Manager, World Education Inc. Bantwana through the following
Email: [email protected]
Indicate clearly on the application subject line the position name applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Monday, August 09, 2019 at 5:00 pm