Job Title: Office Attendant – Food for the Hungry Jobs
Organization: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Reports to: Finance and Admin Officer
Contract Length: 2 years Renewable upon performance
Duty Station: Mbale
Start Date: October 2019
Food for the Hungry Jobs: The office attendant/Cleaner will be responsible for the cleanliness of the entire office premises at head office. S/He will be in charge of proper custody of all office property (Steward) that is used daily.
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in 26 countries and has national offices on the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to respond to development needs and complex humanitarian emergencies. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head Office located in Kampala.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To keep all office premises clean at all times
- To prepare coffee/tea for all staff daily.
- To plan for quarterly office groceries and ensure good custody for the same.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor. (for example, preparing meals for office staff or visitors whenever requested
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- Certificate in Office Management, Counseling, Social Work and Administration from a recognized institute.
- One (1) year minimum working experience as an office attendant and customer handling in the field of administration will be an added advantage.
- Computer including Microsoft Word and Internet usage.
- Customer care and people skills with the ability to engage mutually and maintain good communication with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to work in a cross-cultural setting
- High level of excellence, efficiency and effectiveness portrayed at work.
- Should portray a high level of confidentiality considering the information exposed in various offices.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written proficiency in English and a local language (Lumasaaba) is an added advantage
How To Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Mentioning the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Food for the Hungry Uganda
Deadline: Thursday, 15th August 2019 at 4:30pm.
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 22nd August 2019.
FHU has policies including a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign.