Job Title: Stores Assistant – Continental Forests Jobs
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Finance Manager
Organization: Continental Forests
The purpose of the Stores Assistant is to supervise the staff and storekeeping operations for the company. S/He is responsible for inventory, storage facility, data entry, training, policy, and reporting. The employee works within a general outline of work to be performed; develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
About Continental Forests
Continental Forests is a Management Contractor for global-woods AG licenced by the government of Uganda to establish and manage a forest on over 12,000 hectares in Kikonda Central Forest Reserve Kyankwanzi district, Western Uganda.
The role of Store Assistant requires a basic familiarity with computers to operate point of sale software. It also requires one to have product knowledge of whatever their store sells to help customers make informed purchasing decisions. Those who succeed in this position thrive in a fast-paced environment and don’t mind multitasking or frequent task-switching. It is a position that takes strong prioritization skills. Besides these qualities, the following skills are needed to get a job as a store assistant.
Key Responsibilities of a stores Assistant
- Acknowledge receipt of the item of stock from the procurement officer and record them in stores register book.
- Keep custody of stocks in the store.
- Issue out the stocks to different users and update the stores’ register.
- Maintain inventory register for the non-consumable items.
- Ensure management of issued inventory to different sections and always have an update physical inventory counts every end of quarter from different divisions.
- Receive all weekly purchases and payment/accountability from the procurement officer, check for compliance as the company procedure, and record them in the accounting system.
- Check documents submitted to the Finance Manager for payment as to their validity, accuracy and completeness, and detect and correct errors and irregularities
- Carry out monthly reconciliations for all consumables stores
- Listening actively to customers to identify their needs
- Using specific product knowledge to provide solutions to customers
- Prioritizing tasks to maximize efficiency each work shift
- Organizing items on sales floor based on knowledge of company visual standards
- Defusing upset customers using conflict resolution skills
Education and Training
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed
Nature of Appointment:
The appointment will be on a one-year contract renewable, subject to confirmation after a period of probation period. Interested applicants should submit their applications with evidence of requested information together with a Local council letter of recommendation not later than Friday 30th August 2019 to:
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estate Manager, Continental Forests Limited, P.O Box 32, Kiboga
or can be hand-delivered at the Head office on 42 kms Hoima –Kampala Road
Please note that only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted and invited for the interview
PLEASE SUBMIT FOR YOUR APPLICATIONS ONLY
– A CV FOLLOWING THE FORMAT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD HERE
– A COVER LETTER IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMITT ANY SCANNED CERTIFICATES OR ANY OTHER SCANNED AND BULKY DOCUMENTS.
FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES HELPS US TO UNDERSTAND YOUR QUALIFICATIONS MORE QUICKLY AND INCREASES YOUR CHANCES OF BEING SHORTLISTED.