Restless Development Jobs – 35 No Experience Volunteers
Job Title: 35 ICS Volunteers – Restless Development Jobs
Organization: Restless Development Uganda
Duty Station: Kayunga, Uganda
About Restless Development Uganda
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL CITIZEN SERVICE (ICS) PROGRAMME
Restless Development is implementing the International Citizenship Service (ICS) programme in Kayunga, as an ICS volunteer, you will spend 10-12 as part of a team of British and Ugandan volunteers living and working side by side.
ICS is a great opportunity to learn and develop whilst contributing to meaningful projects aimed at tackling the root causes of poverty.
- You must a Ugandan aged 18-28
- You must be committed to the principle of volunteering to support community development
- You should have a minimum of A’ Level education.
- You must be available between October to December 2019
Restless Development offers a dynamic and empowering working environment
with a strong values-led culture and plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Receive training and capacity building exposures.
- Provision of Food and Accommodation (in host family) and minimal allowance during the placement period.
- Learn and gain practical skills and hands-on work experience in the development sector.
- Prepare to be a role model for the local youth and communities.
- Help to develop communication and networking skills.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply online through this link https://apply.volunteerics.org/
Please ensure you tick the boxes beside these statements below to access the online application form
aware this is a voluntary placement, not a paid job
willing to volunteer and live away from home for 10-12 weeks
willing to live in a host home in another community
willing to do an Action at Home after your ICS placement has finished.
Download an application form through this link https://apply.volunteerics.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/ICS-Application-Form.docx, complete all sections the form and email it to [email protected]
Please DO NOT attach CVs or academic documents.
Note: The deadline for applications is Sunday, 15th September 2019.
Due to the volume of applications received Restless Development is unfortunately not able to accept applications received after the deadline or able to notify unsuccessful applicants.