Job Title: Enumerators – CRS Uganda Jobs
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Project summary:
CRS is leading a consortium of 7 implementing and technical partners to run a five-year USAID/FFP funded $35 million program called Nuyok to build resilience to shocks, enhance livelihoods and improve food security and nutrition for vulnerable rural families in four districts of Karamoja – Abim, Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk and Napak – which are home to 406,880 people living in an estimated 58,126 households. At the end of the program, sustainable results will include empowered, resilient, healthy families; responsive, inclusive governance; and a vibrant private sector that engages smallholders at every level.
CRS Uganda Jobs: The enumerators will be primarily responsible for collecting data for the Nuyok participant based annual survey at the household level;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The enumerators will be responsible to gather and accurately record responses in the questionnaire uploaded in CommCare Mobile Application;
- Ensure that data entered into the system is accurate and complete;
- Recognize and give an account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from the field in the course of the duties and responsibilities of the data enumerator are as follows:
Pre-data Enumerators duties:
- Participate in the training workshop for the survey questionnaire to understand the requirements and contents;
- Participate in the training workshop and orientation of the use of the CommCare based questionnaire;
- Participate in a questionnaire pretest and trial-run of the data processing and reporting.
- Data Enumerators duties:
- Conduct face to face interviews with selected respondents using the survey questionnaire;
- Enter responses to the CommCare application using data collection tablets;
- Ensure daily uploads of survey data into the server;
- Report key issues of concern during data collection and hand over to the team lead at end of each day;
- Exercise caution to avoid data loss and theft of devices.
Post-Data Collection duties:
- Return all data collection gadgets and materials to survey supervisor;
- Answer any questions from the supervisor regarding the data uploaded;
- Maintain confidentiality of all the information under your access;
- Participate in any post-survey learning event Nuyok may organize.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Enumerator job should hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences or Development Studies.
- Previous experience conducting data collection using mobile devices is a must;
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively;
- Must be available for the entire period.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player;
- Willingness to work long hours to achieve set goals;
- MUST be fluent in the local languages Leb Thur, Nga’karimojong;
- Working English language proficiency;
- Self-motivated and willing to learn;
- Experience with development programming, preferably in one or more of the following sectors: agro-enterprise and agriculture; DRR and resilience; irrigation and natural resource management including farmer producer group (FPG) participants; livestock and fisheries; nutrition-related SBCC activities; savings and internal lending communities (SILC); and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH);
- Knowledge of CommCare Application is an added advantage but not a requirement. Timeframe:
- Required Language: English, Leb Thur and Nga’karimojong
- Honesty: Enumerators should be able to show a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent Nuyok;
- Ability to Communicate: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him;
- Relationship Building: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality;
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Karamoja;
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondent’s meaning;
- Endurance: Must be able to work for full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
NB: The enumerators’ positions are short-term (12 working days) from 19th – 30th September 2019. In addition to the daily rate, enumerators will be provided with all travel arrangements for field data collection and piloting of the tools. Travel to the training location will not be compensated. Meals and refreshment may not be provided during the data collection period. Successful candidates will cater for their own accommodation in the areas of their assignment hence people residing in the areas of operation highly desirable.
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to email@example.com. Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – SURVEYENUMERATOR only
Deadline: 13th September 2019