Job Title: Young Researchers – Restless Development Uganda Jobs
Organization: Restless Development Uganda
Duration: 6 months
Who is the development alternative?
We are a group of NGOs with a different way of doing development. Our approach has young people driving and leading change in their community, rather than being seen as beneficiaries of programmes. We seek to recruit, retain and develop staff from all sectors of the community and will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
Restless Development Uganda Jobs: You will spend 6 months conducting and packaging research on the challenges youth civil society organizations are facing and how they are responding to these challenges. Yourself and the rest of your team of young researchers will lead the entire research process from start to finish, from design to data collection, analysis to packaging the findings. You will look at 3 research topics, unpacking elements of the problem hindering youth civil society effectiveness: that youth civil society organizations are merely surviving, not thriving.
- Aged 18-25 years
- Resident in either Iraq, Lebanon, Madagascar, or Uganda
- Have a valid passport
- Completed at least secondary school education or it’s equivalent
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Previous experience in a youth-led organization or movement sector either as a volunteer or employee
- Demonstrated passion and experience in research
- Self-starter, able to work with limited supervision
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to learning
How to apply:
For more information, including the key responsibilities, person specification and skills required please see the Role Description linked below.
If you meet the criteria in the role description below, please follow this link bit.ly/YoungResearcherApplication and fill in an application form by 29 September 2019 at 24:00 GMT. We regret that due to our limited resources only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have any queries please email our Research Manager email@example.com.