Job Title: EZ trainee – GIZ Uganda Jobs
Organization: German Association for International Cooperation (GIZ) Uganda
Stipend: €1.900 gross / month
Duration: 17 months (01.07.2020 – 30.11.2021)
EZ Trainee Program Profile
GIZ Uganda Jobs: Graduates of the EZ trainee program work in various German and multilateral development cooperation organizations. You are applying for the EZ Trainee Program, a junior funding program of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Training is provided for German and multilateral development cooperation (DC) organizations. The program is being carried out by the German Association for International Cooperation (GIZ) on behalf of the BMZ. The focus of the program is the expansion of management skills and the acquisition of work experience in program development and management of German development cooperation.
The structure of the program enables you to get to know the structures, actors and ways of working of DC in an “on the job” training from different perspectives: During the 17 months of training, you will go through three phases of practice. After the one-month preparation, you start with the 8-month assignment in the abovementioned subject area in Uganda. Then choose a 3-month assignment with an international organization and end with a 5-month assignment in the BMZ.
As part of the trainee program, you will be deployed for 8 months in the Responsible Land Policy (RELAPU) program in Uganda.
RELAPU is part of the BMZ special initiative “One World without Hunger” (SEWOH) (http://www.bmz.de/de/themen/ernaehrung) and has been working since 2016 to improve access for rural households, especially women and marginalized communities. to improve. In close cooperation with the Ministry of Land and district administrations, the electronic collection of land parcels and the issuing of official land certificates will be supported. Preparatory measures include the education of the population about their land rights, as well as a flanking conflict mediation before and during the surveying process. The measure operates in two regions in Uganda (central and eastern Uganda) and will be extended to 4 regions in 2020 (north and northwest).
Her field of activity will be the design of the extension of land rights protection in refugee-receiving communities in Northwest Uganda. Knowledge management and the use of digital solutions for recording land rights and impact-based monitoring round off the activity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Your tasks in the first practical phase:
- Supporting the design of the project in regions with refugee communities to secure land rights
- Development of a methodology to develop formalized agreements for the consensual use of land by landowners and refugee households
- Knowledge management of experiences and results of work with refugee communities
The two subsequent practical phases and the tasks there will be developed in the course of the EZ trainee program.
These professional qualifications will bring you for the first practical phase:
- Studied geodesy, geography, agricultural sciences, agricultural economics or similar with a focus on rural development and / or land management
- Professional knowledge in the field of land law protection
The following knowledge and experiences round off your qualifications for the entire EZ trainee program:
- Knowledge of development cooperation
- First practical experience in a developing country
- Fluent language skills in German and English
- Willingness to change location several times
- open for use in different organizations
- Intercultural Competence
The knowledge and experience may have been acquired through an internship.
For Inquiries, please contact: Caroline Neininger 06196-797509
- We expect a fluent knowledge of German and ask you to submit all application documents in German.
- Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. If this is not possible for you, you are welcome to contact the person indicated in the job advertisement.
- Please check your spam/junk folder in your inbox regularly, as emails from our e-recruiting system are considered spam by some providers.
- Please check that you have received an automatically generated acknowledgement of receipt.
- GIZ aims to help people with disabilities get started in their careers. Therefore, applications from people with disabilities are given special consideration.
- Please note that we expect about 1,500 applications for the EZ trainee tenders. We try to complete the preselection until Christmas. Please be patient, every applicant will be informed by the end of December at the latest whether or not you are on the shortlist.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who wish to join our organization should apply online at the link below.
Application Deadline: Monday 7th /Oct/2019