Job Title; 50 Community Counselors – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2019
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program
Rakai Health Sciences Program Profile:
RHSP Uganda Jobs 2019: Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the district of Rakai, South Western Uganda. The Program is seeking to strengthen its staffing position in order to efficiently execute its activities at a Regional Level. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent Ugandans to fill vacant positions as indicated below:
The community counsellor will provide counselling services to newly diagnosed HIV patients and those already in care. They will be working together with the district and health facility teams, the program is seeking to improve Same-Day Art Initiation, APNImplementation and Retention of clients onART in Masaka region. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent Ugandan who are passionate about providing counseling services on a volunteer basis.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Offer counselling services to newly diagnosed HIV patients, their partners and families as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate counselling for same-day ART initiation
- Offer on-going counseling to HIV+clients, their partners and families as appropriate.
- Identify clients eligible forAPN and provide appropriate counselling as per protocol.
- Provide counselling required for HIV Recency
Complete required documentation in source documents
- Provide adherence counselling to clients failing onART
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Skills.
- HIV/AIDS Counselling Certificate
- Diploma in Counselling and Guidance or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in HIV counselling preferably rural health facilities
How to apply:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can HAND DELIVER their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager.
Hand deliveries can be made to any of the Rakai Health Sciences Program Cluster offices, these include Mpigi – Kayabwe, Kalangala, Lwengo Office and Kalisizo.
Please indicate your preferred location.
Deadline for Submission: Friday, 4th October 2019, 5:00 pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Rakai Health Sciences Program.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification