QED is the lead implementer of the Uganda Learning Activity (ULA). The purpose of the ULA is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development.
The ULA Will Achieve This Through Three Objectives
- Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
- Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost-effectiveness of programs and operations
- Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
QED Uganda Jobs: The M&E Intern will support ULA to improve systematic learning through monitoring and evaluation that informs and improves the relevance, quality, best practices, cost-effectiveness and impact of USAID programs. They will assist the Director of Learning, her team, and external consultants in core tasks such as designing MEL Plans, monitoring progress, evaluating activities, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Desk research on topics related to USAID’s Development Objectives
- Data input & cleaning
- Descriptive statistical analyses
- Note-taking during internal meetings
- Logistical support during fieldwork (identifying interviewees, scheduling interviews)
- Support the Learning team when the need arises
- Enrolled in or recent graduate of a Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in International Development, Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics or another relevant field
- Understanding of USAID and development programming
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection (through interviews, surveys)
- Ability to work independently and excellent time management
- Proactive, ability to take on new tasks with little direction
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. English is required, additional fluency in any of Uganda’s local languages preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D.