Job Title: Follow Up-Field Officers – GiveDirectly Uganda Jobs
Location: Kampala, Uganda.
Organization: GiveDirectly (GD) Uganda
Reports to: Associate Field Manager
GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving – and millions of lives – by providing cash grants directly to the world’s poorest. The Brookings Institution estimates that $70B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of it on evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing cash transfers as a benchmark for foreign aid – as the index fund is a benchmark for the financial industry – and in the process accelerating the end of extreme poverty.
GD has raised over $200m since launching in 2011, delivered cash to more than 125,000 families, and launched offices in 7 countries. We’ve also supported large-scale, experimental research that indicates strong recipient impact of our programs. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement and GD’s leading role within it have been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
GiveDirectly Uganda Jobs : We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our field team. Our culture is blunt, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We recruit candidates from top organizations across all industries – our team has hailed from consultancies, investment banks, start-ups, non-profits, and government to name a few. We value ability and willingness to learn over years of experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits and performance-based bonuses.
The Follow-up Field Officer is the front-line of interaction with recipients after they have received their transfers. They answer the hotline and resolve recipient’s questions and problems, and call recipients to administer follow up surveys, collecting data for the improvement of the program.
Follow Up Field Officer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Follow up surveys: call (and sometimes visit) recipients to administer surveys over the phone, to collect data used to improve the program and uncover any recipient problems.
- Hotline calls: answer the phone as recipients call in with questions or concerns, answering their questions and escalating any problems as necessary.
- Registration problem resolution: call the recipients who have not registered with MTN-mobile money or who have registered with the wrong name(s), and advise them on how to register.
- Adverse Events Resolution: assist/advise recipients who have reported problems related to the program.
- A given Follow Up Field Officer may participate in these activities to varying degrees depending on the organization’s needs.
- A Follow Up Field Officer may be rotated through these responsibilities in order to foster professional development and growth.
The Field Officer will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering GiveDirectly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. For that reason, the suitable candidate for this position will:
- Possess previous working experience in the field with preference to vulnerable communities (1-2 years minimum)
- Have the ability to conduct and support recipient surveys and associated processes.
- Must possess work/language proficiency in English and Luganda.
- Computer and mobile device data entry knowledge and skills and good typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties.
- Have the ability to exercise patience and good judgment in resolving recipient problems
- Particularly skilled with interpersonal skills with high empathy, honesty, and integrity
- Must be able to work in and within teams
- Possess high-quality problem solving, work ethic and a strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model.
- Good time-management skills
- Possess at least an A’Level certificate or its equivalent.
How To Apply:
Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae online via the link below;
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.