MSC Uganda Jobs – 4 Accounts Assistants
Job Title: 4 Accounts Assistants – MSC Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda (GOU) microcredit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them to manage their organizations sustainably.
MSC Uganda Jobs: The Accounts Assistant will maintain and update all accounts records and transactions according to accounting regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain proper and requisite accounting records; specifically, cash books for all the bank accounts and petty cash books.
- To prepares salary documents, payroll payment vouchers and issuing cheques upon proper approval and signatures of authorized persons.
- To manage Company office imprest and other payments, and ensure proper record keeping and accountability
- To assist the Accountant to prepare disbursement applications
- To filing accounting records including paid vouchers and supporting documents
- To carry out liaison with Banks on company transactions
- To bank Company revenue
- To capture financial transactions into the computer system;
Key Result Areas:
- Manage imprest and/or petty cash
- Proper financial records & accountability
- Bank company revenue
- Manage bank relations as a bank agent.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business studies or professional qualifications in Accountancy Technician Course (ATC).
- Two (2) years of working experience in Accounts in a related industry.
- Computer literate with demonstrated experience in the implementation and use of accounting systems
- Ability to demonstrate analytic skills.
- Ability to demonstrate self-driven with a high sense of responsibility, integrity and assertiveness.
- Ability to work in teams with dynamism, innovations and Creativity.
- Ability to meet the deadline with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send an application and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates indicate your postal address, daytime telephone contact and names of three referees to the Executive Director using the address below.
The applications in properly sealed envelopes should be hand-delivered to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner.
The Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46 Windsor Crescent Avenue Kololo,
P.O. Box 33711, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October 2019