Job Title: 3 Community Mobilisers – Refugee Law Project Jobs
Organisation: Refugee Law Project (RLP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Office Coordinator
Refugee Law Project (RLP) Profile:
The Refugee Law Project (RLP) is an outreach project of the School of Law, Makerere University. Our Mission is to empower asylum seekers, refugees, deportees, IDPs and host communities to enjoy their human rights and lead dignified lives. The Refugee Law Project has a wide physical presence with offices in Kampala, Hoima, Mbarara, Gulu, Kitgum, Nakivale, Kyangwali, Kiryandongo, Lamwo, Adjumani, Maaji II, Bidibidi (Yumbe), Palorinya (Moyo) and Arua.
Refugee Law Project Jobs: The Community Mobilizer will manage and conduct routine community mobilization aimed to increase community participation during the project cycle and implementation including screening for experiences of violence, needs assessments, data collection, community mapping and identification, evaluations, and quality and quantity impact reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships with clients, community leaders, partners, and community members
- Assess and report on community needs with the rest of the team for possible screening
- Carry out community mobilization and assist the team in capacity building activities with community members
- Hold and attend community information sessions, community policing sessions, and meetings at village/cluster/block/zone levels to create awareness of RLP services
- Incorporate participatory principles into community-level and emergency response activities
- Ensure that we achieve gender equity in clients identified for screening in regard to the objective of the project.
- Ensure non-partisan, culturally and socially to advise the team inappropriate implementation of the project.
- Uphold the mission, values, and spirit of RLP; follow and enforce all RLP codes of conduct and policies; report any violations to appropriate RLP authority, and participate in preventative initiatives.
- Refer identified clients to Project Assistants for screening
- Help and advise the field team and supervisors about the overall security situation in the community
- Identify areas where communities need support, and facilitate access to RLP services.
- Perform any other relevant duty assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A post-school qualification (diploma, or equivalent) in a Social Work, Community Psychology, Translation / Interpretation or related field.
- At least 2 years in community engagement
- Excellent English and refugee speaking languages, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate constructive interpretation.
- Possession of mobilization skills
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Good computer skills (standard office and PowerPoint software) are necessary.
- Amicable interpersonal appearance and behaviour.
- Residence in Adjumani or Kiryandongo or Lamwo.
- Be a self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people.
How to Apply:
For all positions listed, please submit an application cover-letter and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, as well as links to any publications you wish us to consider. Copies of academic credentials are NOT required at this stage.
Applications should be sent by email addressed to the Human Resources Officer with the title of the position applied for in the subject line.at
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be in a position to cover their own travel expenses to interview.
You can also submit hard-copy applications will be accepted for the position of COMMUNITY MOBILISER Only.
Refugee Law Project is a human-rights based organization with strong Anti-Discrimination policies.
We encourage refugees to apply
Deadline: By 11.59pm on Friday 1st November 2019