World Vision Uganda Jobs – Diploma Administration Assistant
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Support Service Manager
World Vision Uganda Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The Administrative Assistant’s duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
People & Service provider management
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
Planning, Documentation and events support
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Ensure soft copy documents are backed weekly
Office House Management
- Ensure there are enough refreshments and cleaning supplies and materials
- Maintain office key logs and ensures office premises are safe; secures office keys and allocates them to staff keeping copies of each set of keys.
- Assistant in maintaining asset registers and ensure routine service of office machinery and assets.
- Order office supplies
- Maintain a database of Office Asset
- Identify and coordinate request for installation, repair services in line with policy
- Monitoring the security of the store as well as cleanliness
- Track and ensure timely payment of utility bills
- Provide logistical support and back up in the planning of meetings and workshops
- Ensure adequate stocks of key office materials are in place at all times
Communication and relationships
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Provide general support to visitors
- Hotel reservations processing and management
- Book travel arrangements and hotels
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Business Administration, office management social sciences or related disciplines.
- Experience in implementing administrative 2 years preferably within an NGO setting.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Customer care experience
- Excellent interpersonal problem solving
- Priority setting and Multitasking skills
- Good time management
- Good report writing and feedback skills.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the weblink below.
Address your application to the People & Culture Specialist, Recruitment, World Vision Uganda (Qualified natives of West Nile region are particularly encouraged to apply)
Deadline: 3rd November 2019.