Job Title: 3 Business Support Assistants – WFP Uganda Jobs
Section: Support Services
Organization: World Food Program (WFP)
Duty Station: Mbarara
The Business Support Assistant is to deliver standard business support processes of WFP operations in Mbarara Area Office.
WFP Uganda Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly fuel reports and monthly Fleet waiver reports
- Monitor Satellite office stationery and preparation of quarterly requests for stationery;
- Prepare all payments vouchers and any other required documents and enter them in WINGS.
- Follow up and update on all rental obligations of the satellite Office including ensuring timely payments and regular inspection of facilities
- As a Bank Agent ensure confidentiality on cash transaction between bank and office. Maintain minimal cash balances in the office.
- Update Mbarara Area office with monthly Expenditure reports and ensure compliance during financial transactions.
- Support the SO on any procurement related activities that may be required;
- Respond to HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services.
- Liaise with HR Business Partner at Mbarara Area Office on HR related matters, i.e. contract management, monthly attendance and any other benefits
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities including onboarding of new staff.
- Support staff deployment to facilitate efficient HR service delivery.
- Monitoring staff official business trips ;
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to the team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in the same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies the supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling the team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfil internal and external partner needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Human Resources, or any other related field, obtained from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 Years of working experience with at least one 1 year of HR and Administrations support in a reputable organisation
- Highly proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods to complete processes under minimal supervision
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 17th November 2019 by 5:00 Pm