Sense of Africa Jobs – Diploma Assistant Accountant
Job Title: Assistant Accountant – Sense of Africa Jobs
Organisation: Sense of Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sense of Africa Profile:
Sense of Africa is a footprint brand of Tourvest Destination Management, a division of the Tourvest Integrated Group of Companies. Sense of Africa operates wholly-owned offices in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Namibia and Botswana. The brand “Sense of Africa” has its roots deep within the African experience we offer to our guests. We provide you with a full African experience that arouses all of your senses. It is more than just a journey… it provides you with a full African experience that arouses all of your senses.
The abundant sights, sounds, aromas, tastes and emotions of Africa waiting to be experienced. From the migrations in the Serengeti to a balloon trip over the dunes in the Namib, the unparalleled Okavango delta, the birds, the bees, the predator and the prey, expansive national parks.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for providing financial and related accounting support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial administrative operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling company petty cash according to the financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that petty cash amount in safe is always accurate.
- Monitor and ensure that there is always adequate petty cash at hand.
- Ensuring the correct posting of petty into the accounting software system.
- Ensure that drivers imprest are given to drivers on time
- Ensure permits are paid timely
- Follow up on drivers’ retirements before new imprest is issued.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)/Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Finance/CPA qualifications
- Knowledgeable in general accounting procedures with 2 years’ experience
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Ability to work fast and in an accurate manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to meet changing needs
- Proactive and Complete discretion
- Team player
How to Apply For Sense of Africa Jobs – Diploma Assistant Accountant:
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, submit your application clearly indicating the position applied for as the subject matter.
NOTE: All ordinarily resident applicants who are not Ugandan citizens must have the required work and/or permanent residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
Deadline: 15th November 2019 by 1700hrs
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.