Job Title: 2 Data Management Interns – WFP Uganda Jobs
Organization: World Food Programme Uganda (WFP) Uganda
Duration: six (6) months
We are seeking qualified individuals to work as interns to support data management in the Food systems subunit to be based in Kampala. The internship period is for six (6) months. Data management in the Food Systems subunit is transitioning from using Mobile Data Collection Platform (MDCA) to Open Data Key (ODK).
To support the transitioning of data management in the Food Systems unit.
World Food Programme Uganda (WFP) Profile:
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and works with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Download datasets from Mobile Data Collection (MDCA) and upload it onto the Open Data Key (ODK) platform;
- Monitor data entry from NGO partners on the AMS reporting platforms;
- Check the quality of data from NGO partners and provide necessary assistance;
- Keep documented summaries of NGO partner reports;
- Identify gaps in partner data, correct them and provide feedback accordingly;
- Analyse data from different from NGO partners on MCDA platform;
- Produce monthly data submission report, data summaries for each NGO partner and share with the field offices for their review of monthly and quarterly reports
- Update the AMS and SF Log frames with performance data
- Support NGO partners to review and approve data submitted on MDCA, SCOPE, ODK platforms;
- Participate in producing reports and presentations.
- University degree programme in any of the following: Statistics, Economics, Business, Social Science
- Knowledge in quantitative research experience and report preparation
- Experience in data analysis and data integration
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications)
- Knowledge of statistical packages (Stata, SPSS) or GIS software will be an asset