Job Title: 100 Graduates Fellows – Building Tomorrow
Organization: Building Tomorrow
Duty Station: Uganda
Building Tomorrow is an NGO working to access all children an inclusive, quality education in Uganda. Through construction so far of 82 Primary Schools and current deployment of 100 Fellows throughout rural Uganda, Building Tomorrow provides inclusive, quality education to over 102,000 underserved students every day. We are looking for exuberant recent university graduates to become the 6th Cohort of Building Tomorrow Fellows and take on the challenge of creatively improving Uganda’s public primary education during a 2-year fellowship. Fellows will work with school leaders and community volunteers to sustainably create inclusive, quality learning environments and to enrol out-of-school children. At the end of their learning journey, Fellows will be purpose-driven civic leaders ready to challenge the status quo with skills learnt and eager to provide national service.
Placement districts are:
Kiboga, Kyankwanzi, Luweero, Mityana, Mubende, Nakaseke, Nakasongola, Iganga, Kamuli, Namayingo, Namutumba, Adjumani, Moyo, Yumbe, Hoima, Kibaale, Kiryandongo, Masindi. .
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or higher institution of learning.
- Aged 25 years and below, with no more than 2 years of post-university training.
- Possess a passion for education equality, creative ingenuity, a relentless work ethic, and belief in collaboratively engaging with others.
- Able to speak any of the local languages in placement districts indicated below
- Able to work in rural and hard to reach districts, and willing to relocate and base in these districts.
- Good communication skills and a high degree of leadership, specifically emotional intelligence.
- Commit to complete 24 months of the leadership journey with strict compliance to Building Tomorrow code of conduct.
- Computer literate and demonstrates mastery of computer essentials
How to apply:
All interested and qualified candidates click here to complete an online application, indicating three placement Districts of preference from one region
Application for cohort 6 will strictly be online, incomplete applications will not be processed.
For any inquiries, please send an email to [email protected]
No applicant is required to pay for placement on the Fellows Program.
Building Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: Friday, 22nd November 2019 by 5pm