Job Title: Administrative Officer – URA Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Profile: :
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Provide administrative and clerical services in the organization in order to ensure effective and efficient operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Procurement• Receive requests and make e-procurement requisitions• Follow up with the Procurement team on the requisitions made to ensure items requested are procured and delivered effectively.• Conduct periodic stocktaking of Office items and update inventory respectively.• Procure monthly office supplies and compile accountability reports for further management.• Liaise with external suppliers/ contractors to ensure they deliver services as per the requirements/standards.2. Provide administrative support to ensure that the organization operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner• Receive mail, acknowledge receipt and Ensure all emails are dispatched and recorded in the mail out dispatch register• Take minutes/action points of events and meetings for the respective proceedings for future reference• Develop the filing index, manage files and create a database of all documents as per the filing system• Maintain the leave rooster for the IT division and update as and when the need arises• Receive requests and make e.procurement requisitions.• Attend to visitors coming to the division to ensure their inquiries are handled appropriately• Receive schedules for meetings, arrange the venue and ensure refreshments are provided on time• Coordinate the transport of the division and track the movement of vehicles through the fleet management system3. Manage office welfare in order to maintain a conducive working environment and efficient operations• Coordinate the general office cleaning services to enhance a good working environment• Ensure office utensils are daily cleaned and scrubbed as well as mopping of the pantry• Make monthly requisitions for office supplies & procure office tea supplies and ensure office tea is prepared and served on time.• Coordinate all the divisional welfare activities from time to time.• Monitor the utilization of office assets/equipment and liaise with the Estates office to fix all maintenance issues that may arise from time to time.• Ensure the first aid drugs are available and provide first aid box to staff who get the abrupt illness• Liaise with the external suppliers to ensure the water dispenser are stocked• Conduct periodic stocktaking of office items and update the inventory accordingly• Manage the Imprest with consideration to the budget4. Manage and control the Imprest system in the division to ensure timely execution of activities and accountability• Prepare petty cash payment vouchers, reconciliation, reimbursements and cash book that is submitted to the line supervisor for review and approval• Generate the report with accountability and request for replenishments5. Plan and manage the performance and development of staff under supervision so as to improve their productivity• Plan and budget for resource requirements in the Business Unit and monitor the usage to ensure efficiency• Develop and monitor a Business Unit Work plan and develop performance agreements with all the staff under the supervision• Monitor staff performance and provide guidance and periodic feedback for performance improvement• Assess the training and development needs of staff under supervision and recommend appropriate interventions• Provide coaching and mentoring support to staff under the jurisdiction• Initiate and implement activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the Business Unit• Implement succession planning and any other staff-related programs as introduced and approved in the organization• Create and maintain a working atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation in the team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in either; Administration, Secretarial Studies, Public Administration, Office and Information management or any other related field
- 3 years’ experience in a reputable organization
- Basic Training in e. records management
- Basic Training in Computer Applications
- Knowledge of URA business processes, Information policy, Client Service Standards, Basic knowledge of computer applications.
Skills & Attributes
- The ideal job holder must be a good time manager
- S/he must have strong communication skills and customer care
- S/he must possess good planning skills with an ability to organize meetings
- S/he must have an impeccable record of integrity
- The job holder must have good report writing skills
- The incumbent should be able to work in teams
How to Apply for URA Jobs 2020 – Administrative Officer:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 17th December 2019 at 11:59 pm.