Job Title: 8 IT Lab Attendants – UCU Uganda Jobs 2020
Organisation: Uganda Christian University
Uganda Christian University (UCU) Profile:
UCU Uganda Jobs 2019: We were founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through higher education – not only of the clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
To take proper care and stewardship of designated IT Lab facilities with little supervision, especially at locations which are distant from the central UIS location. The IT Lab Attendant Intern is responsible for providing support to students and other users of the designated labs. This role is essential for preventing theft or misuse, better availability, security, reliable operation and optimal use of lab facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Should have a Bachelor or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Computing from Uganda Christian University. ( Must have completed between 2016 and 2019)
- At least one-year working experience in a reputable organization.
- Ability to quickly learn other software use for teaching such as accounting software, video editing software etc.
- Should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should be able to work beyond conventional working hours and on weekends.
- Should be a committed and practising Christian of high integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide operational and technical support for IT lab facilities.
- Under the supervision of the Head Infrastructure (and sometimes Head Systems), install equipment & software required in the IT labs.
- To arrange for the required servicing and repair of IT Lab equipment.
- To perform routine audits on systems and software.
- To answer user queries relating to the use of the It lab.
- To document the configuration of lab equipment and any changes.
- To ensure optimum operation of the Lab facilities.
- To ensure the efficient flow of information between the Lab owner department and UIS technical team leaders.
- To carry out any other official duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
How To Apply For UCU Uganda Jobs 2020 – 8 Graduate IT Lab Attendants
Upload an application letter together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references; (Academic and Pastoral). Copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
Deadline: 03rd December 2019