Job Title: Human Resource Intern – UCU Uganda Jobs 2020
Organisation: Uganda Christian University
Uganda Christian University (UCU) Profile:
UCU Uganda Jobs 2019: We were founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through higher education – not only of the clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in keeping safe custody and filing of staff personnel files and documents.
- Assist in updating staff files and data and opening new staff files.
- Receiving job applications, processing and filing them accordingly.
- Assist in updating the Human Resource Database.
- Assist the Staff Welfare Officer in organizing and planning for staff events, functions and activities.
- Receiving and reconciling payment projections and actuals for Casual workers across the University.
- Assist HR Officers in organizing meetings within the Directorate of Human Resource & Administration.
- Attending to immediate inquiries and queries made by staff, visitors and students.
- Receiving mail/documents /applications in the Directorate of Human Resource Administration.
- Issuing various HR-related forms to Support & Group staff.
- Assist in putting together documentation for exit files and follow up payments.
- Summarize documents for various meetings in the Directorate.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Bachelors degree (at least 2:1) in Human Resource Management from Uganda Christian University (Must have graduated not earlier than2017).
- Must be conversant with Uganda Labour Laws
- Must have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Internet)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors
- Must be a person of high integrity with an excellent working ethic
- Must be a committed and practising Christian.
How To Apply For UCU Uganda Jobs 2020 – Human Resource Intern
Upload an application letter together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references; (Academic and Pastoral). Copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
Deadline: 03rd December 2019