Job Title: IT Intern – UCU Uganda Jobs 2020
Organisation: Uganda Christian University
Job Duration: One year
Uganda Christian University (UCU) Profile:
UCU Uganda Jobs 2019: We were founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through higher education – not only of the clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
This is a one-year internship programme for the best graduating students (July 2017 -2019 graduations) in the Department of IT. It is intended to improve the visibility and attractiveness of the programmes that are offered in the Department of Information Technology (IT) and to improve outreach to both the University and the community. The successful interns will work under the Faculty of Science and Technology, but in particular under the supervision of the Department of IT and the University ICT Services (UIS).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with the Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Documentation of new software solutions.
- Development of new applications as required by the University or as directed by supervisors.
- Development of improvements to existing solutions as required by UCU.
- Configure software development tools as required by UCU.
- Assist in the estimation of tasks, identify possible obstacles and propose appropriate solutions.
- Follow the university software data protection and security guidelines in developing software.
- Detect and predict code defects by peer-reviewing code.
- Support the Department of IT in the instruction of undergraduate students.
- Perform any other official duties that may be assigned by the Head of Department, IT.
Qualifications and Experience
- Should have been among the top graduating students (completed in 2017 and 2019) from UCU in Bachelor o Science in Computer Science and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology.
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills.
- Exposure to programming languages (C++, lava, etc).
- Exposure to developing in a Linux and/or a Windows Environment.
- Exposure to the use of Object-Oriented and Agile techniques.
- Exposure of PostgreSQL/MySQL.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Key Character Traits,
- Bright, highly self-motivated and a team player.
- Passionate about software development.
- Dependable and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Must be able to pay attention to detail.
- Maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Able to innovate in an environment where software reliability is non-negotiable.
- Should be a mature and practising Christian.
How To Apply For UCU Uganda Jobs 2020 – IT Intern
Upload an application letter together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references; (Academic and Pastoral). Copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
Deadline: 03rd December 2019