Duty Station: Kampala with field missions (Arua and Gulu)
Organization: AVSI Uganda
Period: 15 months
Starting date: ASAP
AVSI Uganda Profile:
AVSI, created in 1972, is a non-profit organization which carries out development cooperation and humanitarian aid projects throughout the world. AVSI implements cooperation projects in various sectors with a preferential focus on education, meaning that the person is accompanied towards self-discovery and recognition that the other person is a resource. Each project is conceived as an instrument to promote this awareness in everyone involved, has in itself a need for communicating and sharing, and creates an impact capable of generating a positive change.
To ensure adherence to AVSI’s and donors financial and administrative procedures regarding two projects funded by AICS (Agenzia Italiana Cooperazione allo Sviluppo)
Reporting to: Operation Manager and Country Representative
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that project procurements procedures and accountability documents meet donor compliance requirements;
- Provide the field administration with the necessary support to ensure appropriate AVSI administrative, financial and logistics systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered;
- Support field sites in the timely preparation of projected expenditures each month (cashbook management) and prepare monthly Financial Planning and reports using both NAVISION and donor primanota;
- Support Programme Managers in accurate budget control and financial management at project sites are in line with relevant project proposals;
- Support partner administrations in the adherence to donor requirements and procedures and if necessary provide technical assistance;
- Prepare interim and end of the project financial reports;
- Oversee budgets revision/realignments for submission to donors and provide advice and assistance where necessary;
- Ensure that an overview of project spending and financial reporting is maintained and provide advice and assistance whenever required;
- Translate all the necessary accounting documents;
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent
- Proficient knowledge of English (written and oral)
- Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software
- Strong capacities of financial management and planning
- Leadership and training skills
- Managing and organizational skills
- Previous experience with NGO
How to apply for AVSI Uganda Jobs 2020 – Fresher Junior Accountant:
Send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees.
- First date of availability to take up place in the field.
Deadline: 15th December 2019.