Job Title: Logistics Assistant – Action Against Hunger Jobs 2020
Organisation: Action Against Hunger
Duty Station: Kyangwali, Uganda
Starting gross salary: UGX 1,260,000
Action Against Hunger Profile:
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 6,500 staff in over 45 countries, our programs reached 14.9 million people in 2015.
Action Against Hunger began its work in Uganda since 1980 in response to famine conditions in the Karamoja Region where we saved the lives of undernourished children while building the capacities of the community. We have been continuously operating in Uganda for the last 22 years delivering interventions in nutrition, WASH and Food Security and Livelihoods. For the last three years and with the same aim of saving lives and empowering the community, we have been working in the Northern part of Uganda to save lives of refugees and host communities while providing long term solutions to hunger. We are currently operating in and around Bidibidi, Kyangwali, Adjumani and Kyriandongo refugee settlements. Some of the major donors we have worked with include but not omitted to, ECHO, DFID, SIDA, WFP, UNICEF, EUTF and French Embassy and Church of Sweden.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule and arrange vehicle movements when needed to the fields office.
- Support repairs and regular maintenance of vehicles and motorcycles in conjunction with Drivers and Base Logistician.
- Pick quotations for services and goods needed, official correspondence and other documents to approved destinations.
- Support the process of insurances for motorcycles and vehicles as directed by the Base Logistician
- Support proper documentation and filing of documents relating to vehicles and travels ie insurance, logbooks, fuel consumption and analysis, accident claims, repair and service records, etc.
- Conduct regular mechanical checks of vehicles and motorcycles in Kyangwali before any official travel movements.
- Report any incidents to the immediate supervisor for decision-making.
- Support in supervising guesthouse and office during repairs as directed by the immediate supervisor
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Working Conditions, Travel, and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes.
- While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high-security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
- You are enthusiastically pursuing a career in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Transport Management, Business Administration or any other equivalent area from a recognized university or institution.
- Three years of relevant driving and 1-year logistics experience from a reputable organization (INGO) or institution with a clean driving record.
Skills & Competencies
- The ideal candidate should be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Professional computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook is required
- Good reporting skill
- Good communication skills, teamwork spirit.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to support the Logistics department
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
• Health Insurance for you and your dependents
• Resettlement allowance (One-off payment)
• Hardship Allowance
• Starting gross salary UGX 1,260,000
• Paid annual leave (vacation)
• 13th-month pay
• Group Personal Accident
• Training opportunities
How To Apply:
Interested? Send filled in the application form with CV and Cover letter attached.
The closing date for applications is Friday 13th December 2019.
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.