Job title: Administration Intern – Danish Refugee Council Jobs
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Reporting to: Team Leader Administration
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 40 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief. In Uganda, DRC works in North, North-Western, South-Western and North-Eastern regions in a range of emergency and development support for refugees and displacement-affected communities
To ensure that staff travel tickets are booked on time after receipt of TRF’s and TRC’s as stipulated in the travel policy, central mail system is in place, payments are processed as per docket, Reception and office management is as per DRC set standard
Roles And Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely flight bookings in line with the DRC travel policy.
- Proactively provide timely response to all flight bookings related grievances from time to time.
- Ensure that approved Travel Request and authorization forms (TRF) and Travel Clearance Request (TCR) are received before making any flight bookings.
- Circulate pre-arrival packs to the guests before travel dates.
- Control the central mailing system for Kampala and ensure that it’s active.
- Proactively report any deviations to the norm to the Administration Team Leader.
- Process payments to service providers under your operational docket to be reviewed by the Administration
- Team Leader for accuracy. These payments will relate to travel, utilities (cooking gas, running water, electricity, Garbage, and Stan kit).
- Maintain the reception area in a clean, warm, and orderly manner.
- Offer exceptional and proactive customer care and support to all DRC guests, staff and other stakeholders and ensure that they receive timely assistance and attention from time to time.
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Receiving phone calls in a friendly and professional manner and offer assistance to all callers in a timely and proactive manner.
- Display necessary notices and memos on the office notice boards as requested by Team Leader Administration Or any SMT member.
- Ensure that all running adverts are pinned on the notice boards and updated on a regular basis in an orderly manner.
- Ensure that the office notice board is highly organized and updated from time to time.
- Ensure availability of tea, coffee, drinking water, cooking gas in the office at all times.
- Manage timely and orderly filing of office administrative documents from time to time.
- Responsible for monthly stock-taking of consumable and stationery stores and monitor consumption and timely
- Replenishment. Share report with Team Leader Administration for physical confirmation of stock.
- Ensure that the stationary and consumable stores are clean, organized and items are properly coded.
- Act as a backup in the absence of the Administration Team Leader.
- Minimal – Graduate/Post Graduate
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or any other related field. Management.
- Fluency in English.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form using the link below:
Applications close on 19th December 2019.