Job Title: Finance Internship Programme 2020 – British Council Jobs
Organization: British Council of Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda
British Council Profile:
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. British Council Uganda is based in Kampala and offers a full range of programmes including examinations, project management on behalf of other donors, and its own grant-funded projects. British Council has operated in Uganda since 1952 and its aim is to build cultural and educational relations between Uganda and the UK.
British Council – Finance Internship Programme Profile:
Through a hands-on learning programme, we offer you the opportunity to get exciting insights into the financial function of a global drive decision making and strategy across our operations. We pride ourselves on delivering excellence, being trusted business partners and driving continuous improvement and innovation. Would you like to be part of an all-star cast charged with embedding financial control, risk assurance and integrity of the financial function across the great work we do at the British Council?
You will work within the Financial Control function and your role with us will see you supporting the end-to-end accounting process – including month and year-end close, ensuring consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes and being a solid part of our “three lines of defence”.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and scan invoices for payment post due diligence by Accountants/Senior Accountants
- Provide support as required with manual journals, accounting adjustments and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Support the income recognition process by extracting relevant reports and working with Customer service and exams dept.
- Support reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Maintain and file financial records as per corporate policy
- The applicants for the British Council Finance Internship Programme should be recent graduates with degrees in finance-related fields
- Interest in finance
- Self-motivated, proactive and a good team player
- Drive to succeed, with the ability to think both creatively and strategically
- Questioning, analytical mind
- Good interpersonal & communication skills: verbal and written
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Packages, especially Excel and adaptable to learning ERP software
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and maintain quality of output
NB: Candidates with a disability or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for British Council Jobs – Finance Internship Programme 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the British Council in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
NB: Please further review job requirements and if competent, proceed with the online application.
Deadline: 16th January 2020