Job Title: Procurement Assistant – NFA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
National Forestry Authority (NFA) Profile:
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high-quality forestry-related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
The Procurement Assistant will assist the Procurement Manager in coordinating procurement activities within the unit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring proper custody of the bid documents and procurement files.
- Preparing bid documents.
- Preparing bid evaluation documents.
- Preparing procurement status reports.
- Entering data on the Procurement performance measurement system (PPMS).
- Compiling procurement needs from the various departments.
- Dispatch of requests for quotations and requests for proposals and purchase orders.
- Receipt of expressions of interest, bids and technical proposals.
- Assisting in arranging bid opening meetings.
- Liaising with user departments to follow up supply orders and contract performance.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- The applicant for the National Forestry Authority (NFA) Procurement Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in Procurement and Supplies Management from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 (two) years working experience in similar work in a reputable organization/public sector.
- Knowledge of PPDA regulations is a requirement.
How to Apply for NFA Uganda Jobs 2020 – Procurement Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal address, e-mail, and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below. Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala. Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414 -360400
Deadline: 17th January 2020
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.